As a member of the GCC Board of Trustees since June 2005, Vahé has strived first and foremost to be a collaborative and goal-oriented Board member. He served as the Board President during 2009-2010 and is the immediate past president of the Board. During his six years on the Board, Vahe has been instrumental in the
- Construction of an 1100-space parking structure with state-of-the-art solar panels, a partnership between GCC and Glendale Water and Power. The rooftop solar panels produce enough electricity to power over 120 houses.
- Hiring of Dr. Dawn Lindsay as Superintendent/President.
- Establishment of a 5% budget reserve to insure fiscal solvency.
- Construction of a new building at Garfield Campus, where he acted as one of two Board liaisons to the construction task force. Due to his guidance, the building was chosen as one of only five community college projects in the State of California to be design-built, and is being built to LEED Green Building standards.
- Launch of Verdugo Power Academy, a collaboration between GCC, the Verdugo Workforce Investment Board, and Glendale Water and Power. Three classes have graduated thus far, and the employment rate from the first two classes is 82%.
Vahé's expertise in education, online learning, and construction (Vahé holds a Contractor's State License) have been invaluable in helping the Board guide the College into the 21st Century.